Effective Date: 20th of Mar 2020
2. Who We Are
We provide games (“Game(s)”) and related services, including, without limitation, official site (“Site(s)”), customer service and forum service (Collectively, “Service(s)”).
3. Information We Collect
We collect information about you and the Services you use. Information may also be required to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide Service at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products. The information we collect falls into three different categories: 1) Collecting information directly from you; 2) Collecting information automatically; and 3) Information collected from third parties.
1) Collecting information directly from you
You may provide us with the following information when playing our Games and/or Services. Because we offer a variety of Games and Services, the information you provide us may differ in some cases. For example, these include:
– Email address, password, date of birth to create and use Talion Online global account
– Email address, password, date of birth, display name to use Forum service
– Email address, nickname, region, gamertag to use customer service
– Email address, name, date of birth, country of residence, nickname, gender to apply for participation in the event, survey, tournament and other events held by us
– Nickname to create a character in-game
2) Collecting information automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you playing our Games and/or Services. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
– IP address
– MAC address
– The type of Internet browser or computer operating system
– Domain name of your Internet service provider
– Your browsing behavior while using our Services
– User statistics(e.g. Number of games played, character level, game playtime, etc.)
– Information about your computer, device, hardware and operating system
3) Information collected from third parties
When you use our Games and/or Services using a third party platform, such as Google, LINE, or Facebook, we collect certain information from your third party platform’s profile/account as permitted by the terms of the third party platform and your privacy settings thereon. For example, these include:
– Google : Nickname, Profile Image, Email Address
– Line : Line ID, Nickname, Profile Image
– Facebook: Name, Profile Image, Email Address, Friends list
4. Cookie and Related Technologies
Most Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Site may not function properly.
We also maintain log files which contain Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses. An IP address is a numeric address that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. We use log files to monitor traffic on the Site, to report information to our advertisers and to troubleshoot technical problems. In the event of user abuse of the Site, we may block certain IP addresses. IP addresses may be used to personally identify you in order to enforce our Terms of Service and any applicable end user license agreement.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use the collected information for a variety of purposes, primarily, to provide the Service to users and to improve quality of the Service. These include:
– Solve technical problem and improve quality of the Service
– Identification of individual users to provide the Game service
– Technical protection against usage of unauthorized programs
– Preventing inappropriate gameplay that could harm other users
– Provide customer support by collecting and answering inquiries
– Provide forum service on the website
– Provide information on events & surveys and provide opportunities to participate, to provide advertisement and for other marketing and promotion purposes
– Tracking usage patterns and analyzing trends of users, calculate statistics on service use
– Searching user statistics and provision of leaderboard
In the majority of cases, processing of your personal information will be justified on the basis that:
– the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our Service, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile and to provide Service and customer support to you.
– the processing is in our legitimate interests, which are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. One of our legitimate interests are to use website user and visitor data to conduct and develop our Service and business activities with them. We may also analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our Service, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
– the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation: For example, we may process your personal information to comply with applicable accounting rules which require keeping accounting records and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement.
6. Sharing Your Information
We give permission to third parties, including service providers which process personal information on behalf of us to provide customer support and to manage community. Examples of these third parties include:
– our business partners (for example, in order for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you)
– customer service providers to provide customer support service
– third party program restriction providers to block cheating tools and unauthorized programs
– cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services
– payment service providers to assist with payment for transactions or providing withdrawing service for sellers
– marketing platforms and providers of analytics services relating to users’ behavior, in order to tailor the Service
– online survey service providers in order to improve the game service
7. International Data Transfers
We operate globally and transfer your data to countries and other regions where you are located. If your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of personal information.
Additionally, when information transferred from the European Union, we will also take steps to ensure that your information a receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EU, including by entering into data transfer agreements using the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, obtain your explicit consent, or by relying on certification schemes such as the EU – US Privacy Shield. You have a right to obtain details of the mechanism under which your information is transferred outside of the EU by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Retaining and Deleting Personal Information
9. Our Policy Concerning Children
We do not knowingly collect, use or share any personal information about children (generally considered to be under the age of 13 in the U.S., under the age of 16 in Europe or depending on the country where you reside) without verifiable parental consent or as permitted by law. Some of the features on our Games and Sevices are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child has provided us with personal information, you can contact us and request your child’s information to be deleted from our system.
10. Links and Third Party Services
11. Security of Your Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive the information. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on the Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
12. Other Agreements That Govern Your Use of The Site
13. Your Privacy Rights
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you are entitled to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal information. To make a request concerning your rights or if you have any other question, please contact us by sending an email to the address specified in the “Contact Us” section. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In certain countries, including in the EU, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
If you are a California resident, you may have these additional rights:
– California residents have the right to receive 1) information identifying any third party company to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) his/her personal information for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and 2) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, please send a request email to email@example.com.
– California residents under the age of 18 have the right to request removal of any content or information that they have posted on our Site, such as forum or message board. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that the removal of your information or content may not be complete or comprehensive, and residual copies of such removed information or content may remain on our servers. In addition, we are not obligated to remove any posted content or information that has been copied or reposted by a third party, that has been rendered anonymous, or that we are required to keep by law.
You will be deemed to have accepted such amendments by continuing to use the Service, so please review it frequently. You can see when this policy was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this policy.
15. Contact Us